Answered By: Mara Shatat Last Updated: Oct 16, 2020 Views: 6
Lockdown browser: Complete Guide
In This Article:
In this article, we will show you how to use LockDown Browser from home / personal computer. Topics that will be covered are:
- Supported Platforms.
- How to download.
- How to Install.
- How to Test.
- How to Lunch LockDown browser at Quiz/Exam time.
- Not supported: ChromeOS (Chromebooks), Mobile devices such as iPhone, or Android Tablets.
How to download
- Click on this link: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=323246910
- A tab/page will open and you will be directed to the download page that is suitable for the platform you are on.
- Click Install Now. This will download the suitable installation file. (Note: for iPad, you will be directed to blue page that has some information about the iPad app. Click on the 'App Store' icon in the middle of the screen to be taken to the appropriate app in the App Store).
How to Install
This step depends on your computer.
- Locate the downloaded executable file and run it.
- On choose setup language, choose language and click 'next'.
- Accept License Agreement and click 'next'.
- Software will install. Click Finish.
- Launch the downloaded file (Double click on it).
- Click Continue on the 'This package will run a program to determine if the software can be installed' screen.
- Click Continue again on the 'welcome to the Respondus LockDown browser installer' screen.
- Click Continue on the 'Software License Agreement' screen.
- Click Agree on the 'Agree to continue or click disagree to cancel the installation and quit the installer' screen.
- Select 'Install for all users on this computer'. Click Continue.
- Click 'Install'.
- You might be prompted to enter your Mac user name and password to authorize the installation.
- The software will install.
- Click 'Close' after you see the 'The installation was successful.'
- Click on 'Move to Trash' when you are prompted to keep the package.
- LockDown Browser is now installed.
Just install the Lockdown Browser app from the app store just like any other app.
Test Lockdown Browser
If you would like to test your Lockdown Browser before your actual test time, please do the following:
- Click on this link: https://ursuline.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1882/Portal/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=39854 and click on the 'Fill Help Request Form'.
- Choose the 'Add me to the IT Troubleshooting Course in D2L' and click submit.
- You will be added to an IT Troubleshooting course in D2L as soon as possible.
- Once you are added (A confirmation email will be sent to you), navigate to the IT Troubleshooting course in D2L as you would with any other course.
- Click on the Content Tab.
- Select the 'Lockdown Browser Quiz- Requires Respondus LockDown Browser' quiz and start it per the instructions below.
- If you are having any issues, please click on the link again in step 1, select the 'I am having another issue with Lockdown browser' option, fill in the rest of the form and click submit.
How to Lunch at Quiz/Exam time
- Navigate to your Quiz/Exam in Desire2Learn.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the 'Launch LockDown Browser' button.
- You may get prompted with another window that is asking you to open the link using a specific application.
- Click on 'Open Link'.
- LockDown browser will launch. (Note: For iPad, you will be prompted to enable 'App Self-Lock' this will prevent you from navigating to other application. The lock will be removed when you are done with the exam).